Write up your research on the BBFC. Include the information you found out and also a summary of the age guidelines.
Then answer the following:
- What are the most important demographic factors in defing film audiences?
- Why is it important to be able to target a specific film audience?
- Who defines the audience for any film? When?
- How are film audiences targeted/ reached?
- How can the audience be tracked and monitored?
Write a post describing the activity and work you completed with Mr Guest on Film Titles.
Discuss the use of Fonts, Genre, Colour, etc. and importance of Titles.
Analyse the openings of two Thrillers. You can use one we watched in class but the other you must fins and analyse yourself.
Make sure you look analyse:
Use evidence from the clip and discuss the effects on the audience. You need at least two points for each element.
Post your Thriller Sub Genre Powerpoint and a brief explanations of your findings.
Thriller Genre Research
You need to create a series of blog posts to cover the following information. You may wish to use other presentational devices and add to the blog e.g .prezi, power-point etc.
Include the following:
- Definitions of the thriller genre- find a few and come up with a good synthesis
- Historical overview – what are the main developments in the genre over time?
- Sub-genres- make a list and then explore 2 or 3 in more detail
- What is the difference between thriller and horror?
- Key films
- Key stars
- Key directors
- Typical conventions of thrillers [ storyline, narrative structure, themes, characters, settings/locations, props
- Case study of one film showing how it fits into the genre
- This is a key part of your research evidence and should be as detailed and interesting as possible
- You need to use effective research skills – you cannot just cut and paste. You must use a range of sources, make notes and summarise information in your words. Give links to all sources used.
- You need to start watching thriller films now – a good range
TASK: Create a blog post showcasing all you have learned from Hitchcock about creating suspense.
- The art of the cinema
- The audience
- Size of image
- Visual cinema and he role of dialogue
- Point of view/ the subjective
- Characters, the villain
- Giving the audience information – the bomb theory
- The Maguffin – content versus style
Watch the three part documentary
What scares you?
Your fears/scariest memories/ films
Have your films changes as you have got older?
Quotes about fear – discussed
Why we like to be scared?