- In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
- What are the typical conventions of a thriller opening?
- Think about style/format/cinematography/narrative/characters/settings/text /titling.
- Have you used typical conventions?
- Any specific influences from other films?
- Have you deliberately broken or subverted the typical conventions?
- How and why have you done this? Think of specific examples.
NOW… BLOG ENTRY.
Create a prezi presentation exploring thriller / film opening conventions and comparing with your own work and its conventions.
You can use screen shots from your film to illustrate how you have used developed or challenged typical conventions. Annotate the shots to show your ideas
We shot this through broken glass to give the idea that there was something wrong and sinister with the character.
By shattering the shot of a child we made it chilling and emotive
Thriller films often play around with point of view and the idea of looking and watching.
You can embed links to clips also.